Caring for Your Fresh Flowers
We’re so glad you’ve received one of our unique floral creations! Now that you have those beautiful flowers, we want to help you make them last. A little extra care can make your flower arrangement last that much longer; and since we want you to enjoy your flowers for as long as possible, here are some tips for caring for your fresh flower arrangement:
- Always make sure your flowers have plenty of water. If your flowers are in a vase, keep the vase filled to just below the top. If your arrangement is designed in green floral foam, keep that foam well soaked.
- Give your flowers fresh water when they need. If you see the water turning cloudy, it’s a sign that bacteria is growing. Change out the water immediately. When adding or changing water, use warm water to reduce the shock for the flowers.
- After a few days, give your flowers a fresh cut. Do this under water if you can. Cut at least 1 inch off the ends. This will allow the flowers to drink water more freely.
- Keep your flowers in a cool place (65-72 degrees Fahrenheit) and out of direct sunlight. Avoid placing your flowers on top of the television or other household appliances. Don’t place them directly below a fan or vent.
- Optional: You can mix fresh flower food into your water to give your flowers an extra boost.